Nicholas Brandmeir, MD, MS – Assistant Professor of Neurosurgery
PO Box 9183
Morgantown, WV 26506
Neurosurgery; Rockefeller Neuroscience Institute
Master of Science in Zoology, University of Maine in Orono, ME; Doctor of Medicine, Albany Medical College, Albany, NY
Residency Training at Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, PA.
Stereotactic and Functional Fellowship at Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, PA.
Neurocritical Care Fellowship at Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
My clinical research interests focus on exploring the clinical impacts of postural instability on people with movement disorders as well as ways to modify or improve postural instability with neuro-stimulation. I collaborate with several researchers at the RNI to investigate basic questions of human neural functioning across a variety of sensory, motor, and affective domains. I am also interested in evidence-based
medicine and applying new and rigorous study design techniques to neurosurgical applications.
- Postural instability in Parkinson disease
- Invasive neuro-electrophysiological monitoring
- Neurological basis of movement
- Evidence based medicine and research study design
- Author response to: Stereotactic accuracy must be as high as possible in stereoelectroencephalography
- The comparative accuracy of the ROSA stereotactic robot across a wide range of
clinical applications and registration techniques.
- A Technical Report of Robot-Assisted Stereotactic Percutaneous Rhizotomy.
- Letter to the Editor. Stereotactic laser ablation for hypothalamic hamartomas
after SRS failure.
- An Analysis of Scalp Thickness and Other Novel Risk Factors for Deep Brain Stimulator
- The use of custom 3D printed stereotactic frames for laser interstitial thermal
ablation: technical note.
- Association of the Extent of Resection With Survival in Glioblastoma.
- Journal Club: Neurosurgical Practice Liability: Relative Risk by Procedure Type.
- Spinal Cord Stimulation for the Treatment of Neuropathic Pain Associated With
Leprosy: A Case Report.
- Journal Club: The Impact of Body Mass Index on Hospital Stay and Complications
After Spinal Fusion.
- Journal Club: National Variability in Intracranial Pressure Monitoring and Craniotomy
for Children With Moderate to Severe Traumatic Brian Injury.
- Journal Club: Magnetic Resonance Imaging-Guided Focused Laser Interstitial Thermal
Therapy for Intracranial Lesions: Single-Institution Series.
- Journal Club: The Epidemiology of Admissions of Nontraumatic Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
in the United States
- Journal Club: The Impact of Provider Volume on the Outcomes After Surgery for
Lumbar Spinal Stenosis.
- Clinical and Pathological Continuum of Multisystem TDP-43 Proteinopathies.
- Evidence of Multisystem Disorder in Whole-Brain Map of Pathological TDP-43 in
Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis.
- Severe subcortical TDP-43 pathology in sporadic frontotemporal lobar degeneration
with motor neuron disease.
- A Prospective Evaluation of an Outpatient Assessment of Postural Instability
to Predict Risk of Falls in Patients with Parkinson’s Disease Presenting for
Deep Brain Stimulation.
- Advanced Needle Coatings for Improved Lumbar Drain Procedure.
- EBM Training: Problem-based Learning in Resident Education.