Potomac Valley Hospital COVID-19 Updates: What you need to know specific to PVH
Visitation guidelines at Potomac Valley Hospital have been updated as of February 16, 2022:
General Visitation Guidelines
- All individuals must be masked while in the facility
- Social distancing requirements must be maintained
- Visitors may not travel to common areas
- Children under age 16 are not permitted
- All visitors are required to register and be screened
Emergency Department Visitation
- One patient-approved adult primary visitor per patient in the Emergency Department. (with the exception of any COVID-19 suspected or know COVID-19 positive patient).
Outpatient Surgical / Procedural Visitation
- At this time there are no visitors allowed for surgical procedures.
- One patient-approved adult primary visitor per day. (Exceptions will be made for end of life and pediatrics patients).
- No overnight visitation.
Outpatient / Clinic Visitation
- One patient-approved adult primary visitor per day.
Potomac Valley Hospital has established a drive-through collection point to collect specimens from pre-screened patients to test for COVID-19.
The drive-through collection is located in the Seneca Lane parking lot, which is across the street from the hospital.
The drive-through tent is open Monday – Friday from 7am – 5pm.
Patients, with a valid physicians order in EPIC, who meet criteria for testing, will be asked to schedule an appointment for drive-through testing by calling 304-597-3610. WVU Medicine staff will collect the specimens, using appropriate precautions, and send them for analysis. Patients will typically learn test results in three-to-four days, although time will likely vary based on the volume of tests being performed.