Potomac Valley Hospital COVID-19 Updates: What you need to know specific to PVH
Visitation guidelines at Potomac Valley Hospital have been updated as of July 19, 2021:
General Visitation Guidelines
- All individuals must be masked while in the facility
- Social distancing requirements must be maintained
- Visitors may not travel to common areas
- Children under age 16 are not permitted
- All visitors are required to register and be screened
Emergency Department Visitation
- One approved visitor (over 18) with each adult patient arrival to ED. Approved visitor is allowed to accompany and remain in room during ED stay. Switching visitors is discouraged.
Outpatient Surgical / Procedural Visitation
- One approved visitor with patient for registration and waiting area prior to procedure (if space allows for physical distancing).
- Two patient-approved adult primary visitors at a time.
- No overnight visitation.
Potomac Valley Hospital has established a drive-through collection point to collect specimens from pre-screened patients to test for COVID-19.
The drive-through collection is located in the Seneca Lane parking lot, which is across the street from the hospital.
The drive-through tent is open Monday – Friday from 10am – 2pm.
Patients, with a valid physicians order in EPIC, who meet criteria for testing, will be asked to schedule an appointment for drive-through testing by calling 304-597-3610. WVU Medicine staff will collect the specimens, using appropriate precautions, and send them for analysis. Patients will typically learn test results in three-to-four days, although time will likely vary based on the volume of tests being performed.