A free emergency/trauma symposium presented by WVU Medicine Wheeling Hospital will be held April 29 at Wheeling Park White Palace.
Scheduled from 8 am to 4 pm, the event will offer continuing education credits/nursing contact hours for physicians, nurses, EMTs and paramedics.
- Geriatric trauma
- Brain and spine trauma
- Initial management of the burned patient
- Blast injury
There also will be trauma skill stations featuring 10 stations in 10-minute rotations.
Among the speakers will be:
- Howard Shackelford, MD, Trauma medical director at WVU Medicine Wheeling Hospital
- David Cohen, MD, WVU Neurosurgery
- Mariah Sturges, RN, West Penn Burn Program coordinator
- Fritz Braunlich, MD, orthopedic surgery
- Stephanie Isaly, RN, Trauma Program manager, WVU Medicine Wheeling Hospital
The symposium will offer free continental breakfast and lunch. Door prizes will be awarded.
For more information call Stephanie Isaly at 304-243-3569, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.