Your health at your fingertips
More than 350,000 WVU Medicine patients manage their health needs with our secure, online patient portal, MyWVUChart. All you need is internet access and an email address. You can even download the MyWVUChart app on Apple and Android devices.
With MyWVUChart, you can:
- Manage and schedule appointments: Request appointments and look up information on previous visits. Online scheduling is available for our primary care providers.
- Refill prescriptions: Request medication prescribed by your doctor.
- View test results: You can see most lab results within days (excluding sensitive labs).
- Communicate with your care team: Send secure messages and photos to your provider relating to your care. You will generally receive an answer in one to two business days. If you’re dealing with an urgent matter, contact your provider’s office by phone or dial 911.
- Pay your bill: View your statements and make payments online for hospital and physician services.
Please note: Information stored in MyWVUChart is not your complete electronic health record. Learn more about how to request your complete medical record or call the Health Information Management Department at 304-598-4109.
How to Get Started
An individual must be 10 years of age or older to request a MyWVUChart personal account. First, you need to activate your account. You can request an activation code online or at your primary care provider’s office. You’ll select a username and password, and complete an online form. Then, you’re ready to access a variety of convenient healthcare features in the patient portal.
For parents or caregivers who need proxy access to a patient’s MyWVUChart account (including children up to age 18), please inquire at your primary care provider’s office or make the request via your MyWVUChart account by clicking “Request Family Access” under “Messaging.”
We afford the same degree of confidentiality to medical information stored on MyWVUChart as is given to medical information stored by WVU Medicine in any other medium. Firewall, passwords, encryption, and secure activation codes are used to safeguard your information. Unlike conventional email, all MyWVUChart messaging is done while you are securely logged on to the system.