COVID-19 booster dose available at WVU Medicine clinic
WVU Medicine is offering the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 booster dose at the Morgantown Mall clinic. The vaccine is available by appointment only for people who are:
- 65 years of age and older
- 18 years or older with high risk health conditions/immunosuppressed
- 18 years or older who are in frequent contact with others exposed to COVID-19
WVU Medicine is following guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the State of West Virginia regarding eligibility. See clinic details below.
Schedule an appointment
The Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine requires two doses, with the booster dose given six months or more after an individual’s second dose.
There are three ways to schedule an appointment:
No walk-in appointments will be accepted. Appointment availability is based entirely on vaccine supplies; distribution is currently controlled by the state and federal governments. All patients and anyone accompanying a patient will be screened for COVID-19.
Note: Those who currently have COVID-19 are not eligible for the vaccine. Contact your primary care provider and obtain a COVID-19 test if you believe you have COVID-19 and have symptoms consistent with the disease. View our COVID-19 testing locations and days/hours of operation for more information.
Bring the following to appointment:
A protective mask (all patients must be masked to receive a vaccine)
- A valid, state-issued driver’s license or identification card (or valid and unexpired US Passport or US Passport Card, along with a recent utility bill that includes a home address)
- Your health insurance information
- Proof of vaccination of the first and second dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine
One family member or friend if you need assistance (all visitors must wear a mask)
Arrive no more than five minutes early for your scheduled appointment.