The WVU Heart and Vascular Institute offers a comprehensive arrhythmia service that focuses on the latest medical and interventional approaches to arrhythmia management.
The following procedures are offered:
- Pacemaker implantation and follow-up
- Defibrillator implantation and follow-up
- Biventricular pacing for heart failure
- Laser lead extraction of pacemaker and defibrillator leads
- Electrophysiologic evaluation of arrhythmias
- Catheter ablation of SVT, atrial fibrillation, and ventricular arrhythmias
- WATCHMAN heart implant
In addition to standard mapping and ablation techniques to treat arrhythmias, our center has the ability to incorporate cardiac CT scans into computerized 3D mapping of arrhythmias.
We offer traditional radiofrequency (heating) ablation, irrigated radiofrequency ablation (for deeper lesion depth in certain heart chambers), and even cryoablation (freezing) for special applications.
The full spectrum of cardiac pacemaker and defibrillator care is offered. To meet the needs of our patients, we coordinate care with the referring physician to ease long-term, follow-up issues.
Learn more about arrhythmia and Sudden Cardiac Death through our Q and A.
For an appointment, call 855-WVU-CARE (855-988-2273).