Camden Clark Medical Center, Camden Clark Medical Center
Camden Clark Primary Care
2012 Garfield Avenue
Douglas Brooks, MD
2012 Garfield Avenue
- Family Medicine
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Skin Care Programs
- Men's Primary Care
- American Board of Family Medicine - Family Medicine
- Dr. Douglas Brooks, M.D., was born in Parkersburg, WV, where he attended PHS and graduated in 1989 with honors. He obtained his bachelor of arts in Biology in 1993 from West Virginia University where he graduated as a Presidential Scholar and Summa Cum Laude. He obtained his medical degree from West Virginia University School of Medicine in 1997. He completed his family medicine residency at the University of South Carolina’s Palmetto Richland Memorial Hospital in 2000.
From 2000-2006, Dr. Brooks practiced as a family physician with Morton Plant Mease Primary Care, the largest medical corporation in Tampa, Florida. From 2007-2012, he practiced as a family physician for Carolinas Health Care system, the largest medical corporation in North Carolina. From 2012 to early 2017, he practiced with several companies in North Carolina, including a men's center, multiple nursing homes, multiple urgent care and occupational medical centers, and a primary care center that focused on anti-aging medicine. Dr. Brooks considers his 17 year journey through multiple disciplines of medicine to have made him a more knowledgeable and experienced physician with expertise in many different areas. He has also served as a preceptor for 15 years, teaching medical students, residents, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants from University of South Florida, UNC at Chapel Hill and Wake Forest School of Medicine, respectively, and currently is on faculty with West Virginia University, Marietta College and Ohio University.
Dr. Brooks is board certified by the American Board of Family Medicine and has an unrestricted license with the West Virginia Board of Medicine. He is a member of the American Academy of Family Physicians and the West Virginia Academy of Family Physicians.
Dr. Brooks has expertise in evidence-based medicine, hypertension, hypercholesterolemia, diabetes, premature coronary artery disease, obesity, anxiety and depression, dermatology, and sports medicine. He also has taken a special interest in men’s health and wellness, hormone therapy, erectile dysfunction, anti-aging, and skin care. Dr. Brooks is a 5 star physician and has received the Patient’s Choice Award, given to only 5% of physicians and the Most Compassionate Doctor award, given to only 3% physicians.
Dr. Brooks enjoys sports, fitness, music, movies, travel, reading, computers, and photography in his spare time. He also services as the team physician for the Parkersburg High School Big Reds wrestling team.
- 2000 - Palmetto Health Richland/Univ of South Carolina
- 1997 - West Virginia University School Of Medicine