Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Adult Volunteer/Auxiliary Programs at WVU Medicine Berkeley Medical Center and Jefferson Medical Center have been suspended until further notice.
The 2020 Summer Junior Volunteer Program has been cancelled.
At WVU Medicine Berkeley Medical Center and Jefferson Medical Center, we are fortunate to benefit from a dedicated group of men and women who volunteer their time in support of our mission to improve the health and well-being of Eastern Panhandle residents by providing high-quality health and wellness services, expanding access to care, and participating in the education and training of healthcare professionals.
To participate in our Volunteer Program individuals must:
- Be at least 18 years of age and commit to a minimum of four (4) hours of volunteer service each week
- Have satisfactory response from personal references/background check as required
- Complete a mandatory education requirement, as well as a health evaluation performed by our employee health nurse.
- Meet the physical demands for volunteer positions, including having the physical ability, flexibility and endurance to be able to perform all duties of the assigned position, as well as having the capability to stand and walk for a typical 4-hour volunteer shift
- At Jefferson Medical Center, volunteers also serve as members of the Auxiliary and are asked to contribute $5 in annual dues
- To request a Volunteer Application for either Berkeley Medical Center or Jefferson Medical Center, contact the Marketing Department at 304-264-1223.
Once your completed application has been received and satisfactory reference checks have been completed, you will be contacted to schedule an interview with your preferred hospital’s volunteer coordinator, as positions become available.
The Auxiliary of Berkeley Medical Center
Through a variety of fundraisers and special events, The Auxiliary of Berkeley Medical Center, works year round to raise money to benefit patient care services at Berkeley Medical Center. The Auxiliary typically meets the second Monday of each month at Berkeley Medical Center. For information on joining The Auxiliary of Berkeley Medical Center, contact the Marketing Department at 304-264-1223.
Jefferson Medical Center Auxiliary
At Jefferson Medical Center, volunteers also serve as members of the Auxiliary. The group’s focus is to raise funds to benefit patient care services at Jefferson Medical Center. The Jefferson Medical Center Auxiliary meets the fourth Wednesday of each month in the Medical Center’s First Floor Conference Room.
WVU Medicine Berkeley Medical Center and Jefferson Medical Center each have their own pool of volunteer clergy who serve their respective hospital in addition to their parish duties. On a rotating schedule, chaplains are on-call for patients and their families to provide many services, including Holy Communion, Holy Baptism, or counseling. For more information on the Volunteer Chaplaincy Program at either facility, call 304-264-1223.
Junior Volunteer Program
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Summer 2020 Junior Volunteer Program has been cancelled.
A Junior Volunteer Program for high school teens, ages 14—18, is available during the summer months at Berkeley Medical Center.