Due to COVID-19, special visitation guidelines are in effect at all WVU Medicine facilities. Individual hospitals may have additional guidelines in place, due to variation in services offered and regional COVID-19 infections.*
- All visitors must wear a mask at all times upon entering the facility. Review PPE requirements for patients and visitors.
- Approved visitors for inpatient locations will be confirmed at the Welcome Desk.
- COVID-19-positive patients and COVID-19 persons under investigation (PUIs): Visitation permitted at admission and then every five days pursuant to West Virginia House Bill 2368.
- All visitors will receive a visitor-specific ID badge to reflect the level of visitation access.
- Visitors are to stay in the room at all times and not travel to common areas.
*Exceptions to visitation will be made based on patient condition and on a case-by-case basis by the department leader and/or house supervisor. Exceptions include but are not limited to deaf/blind patients, low mental capacity, significant mobility limitations, critical conversations (goals of care), and end of life.
Visitation guidelines for each hospital are reviewed regularly and change as needed.