The Child Life Department at WVU Medicine Children’s is committed to the continued development and growth of the Child Life profession. We offer students interested in this field an extensive practicum experience. Students are given opportunities to observe and become familiar with the field of Child Life and the hospital setting.
Students will have the opportunity to become familiar with:
- Medical play
- Pre-operative and pre-procedural preparation
- Coping facilitation
- Planning and supervising developmentally appropriate activities
- Working with individuals and groups
We accept one student per semester (Fall, Winter, Summer). For more information on prerequisites and requirements, please read the practicum information and expectations.
- Practicum information/expectations (Click to download pdf)
- Application (Click to download pdf)
- Letters of recommendation
To learn more about Child Life, please visit the Association for Child Life Professionals at www.childlife.org.