Over the past 25 years, WVU Medicine Children’s has offered holiday greeting cards featuring the artwork of pediatric cancer survivors, current patients, and their siblings through our Cards of Hope program. These cards helped provide critical funding for our Cure Kids Cancer Fund. Unfortunately, we have retired this program due to a variety of factors, including decreasing card sales.
A cancer diagnosis is upsetting at any age, but most especially when the patient is a child. Here at WVU Medicine Children’s, we treat multiple children who are battling this dreaded disease every single day.
We want to ensure that when these children are diagnosed with cancer, they get all the resources available to help them fight the disease. That means providing state-of-the-art medical care, as well as psychological and social support for both them and their families. We are able to provide all of this and more through our Cure Kids Cancer Fund.
There are many ways that you can continue supporting our Cure Kids Cancer Fund. All of the following proceeds go directly to the Cure Kids Cancer Fund at Children’s to support these sick children and their families.
Shop for a Cause
- If you shop at Kroger, go to the Community Rewards Section of the website and select WVU Medicine Children’s (# PT184 or # AI995 depending upon where you shop) as the recipient of your Community Rewards. Every time your Kroger card is swiped, our Cure Kids Cancer Fund receives a portion of the available Community Rewards funds.
- Visit AmazonSmile at amazon.com, and search for WVU Medicine Children’s. Simply select WVU Hospitals Inc., and start shopping! Please be aware that your support through shopping at AmazonSmile will go to the WVU Medicine Children’s Cure Kids Cancer Fund.
Organize a Fundraiser
- Organize a change collection to support our Cure Kids Cancer Fund. Simply contact Dee O’Palko at 304-598-4346 or email@example.com for help getting started.
- Create an online donation page by going to advancing.wvu.edu/g/childrens, then click apply for your own page. You can designate that 100% of the proceeds goes to benefit the Cure Kids Cancer Fund.
- Donate directly to the Cure Kids Cancer Fund by visiting https://secure.give.wvu.edu/cure-kids-cancer.
Your continued support of the Cure Kids Cancer Fund at WVU Medicine Children’s through one or all of the above options will help our youngest Mountaineers who are battling cancer. They can’t fight this battle alone. Thank you for doing your part to help these strong and courageous children.