Open Enrollment for benefits will be held from November 15 to November 28, 2022. Open Enrollment is the period of time when you can make changes to your benefit coverage for the upcoming year. Please review each section below for information about benefit changes for 2023. Please also review the 2023 information, including the Compliance Guide, in Workday by navigating to the Help App.
Open Enrollment Elections
All elections and changes to benefits are made in Workday. Any changes made during Open Enrollment are effective January 1, 2023. Here are the steps to get started:
- Log in to Workday
- Click on Active Workers
- Enter your network login ID and password
- Navigate to the Inbox icon in the top right corner
- Click on Open Enrollment Change task
- Click on Let’s Get Started
Please note: the Workday mobile app will not be available for the 2023 Open Enrollment timeframe. Please use the Workday link to make your elections for 2023.
Please see the Open Enrollment Job Aid for additional details on how to make your elections in Workday.
Because of the transition to Workday, we strongly recommend that all employees log in to Workday to review their open enrollment elections by November 28, 2022. If you take no action during Open Enrollment, your benefits will remain the same, with the exception of the Health Care and/or Dependent Care FSA, and PTO Sell elections, which will not carryover to 2023.
2023 Medical Plan Changes
- Effective January 1, 2023, the 90% Blue PPO Plan will be administered by Peak Health. Learn more in this Peak Health video and at peakhealth.org.
- The 80% Gold PPO Plan will no longer be offered in 2023. Employees who do not make an election during Open Enrollment will be moved into the 90% Blue PPO Plan.
- The plan design changes in red are the new medical plan changes for 2023. The deductibles for the 90% Blue PPO medical plan will increase $100 for individual and $200 for family for both networks.
- Peak Health, which is administering the 90% Blue PPO Plan, is owned by WVU Medicine, in conjunction with Marshall Health and Mountain Health Network.
- To ensure that you have the lowest out-of-pocket costs and the highest level of integrated care, we recommend first searching WVU Medicine providers at: https://doctors.wvumedicine.org.
- If you cannot access system providers, Peak Health uses the First Health Network as the Standard Network for their plan. Providers can be searched using this link: https://www.firsthealthcomplementary.com/.
- Members can manage their health and insurance information in the MyWVUChart app.
- Employees can contact Peak Member Service at 833-5MYPEAK (833-569-7325) beginning November 15, 2022, to assist with any questions about their plan and network.
- Employees who are currently enrolled in the Mountaineer HDHP and will keep that same plan for 2023 can use their current Highmark ID card for medical coverage and prescriptions.
- Employees who are enrolling or remaining in the 90% Blue PPO Plan will be able to access their electronic medical ID cards from Peak Health through MyWVUChart. Employees will also receive a new ID card from Highmark for prescriptions.
- Employees who are currently enrolled in the 80% Gold PPO Plan and do not make a new medical plan election for 2023, will be moved into the 90% Blue PPO Plan and will be able to access their Peak Health medical card through MyWVUChart. Employees will also receive a new ID card from Highmark for prescriptions.
The prescription drug plan will continue to be administered by Highmark. If you fill your prescriptions at a WVU Medicine pharmacy, please check the hospital pharmacy website for hours of operation on January 1 and 2, 2023, due to the weekend holiday. Please note: Kroger Pharmacies will be out-of-network beginning January 1, 2023.
2023 Employee Contributions in Workday
Good news! The 90% Blue PPO Plan per pay contributions will decrease and the Mountaineer HDHP per pay contributions will remain the same for 2023. When you complete your Open Enrollment session in Workday, you will be able to view the new per pay costs. As a reminder, your medical rate will be based on your hourly wage as of December 31, 2022. If you have a wage change during or after the open enrollment period, you will see the applicable change in your first pay in January 2023.
In Workday, if you completed the Wellness Rewards Program, you will see a Wellness Credit of $12.50, $25, or $50, depending upon your medical coverage level and whether or not a spouse is enrolled and completed the program. **We are making every effort to have these loaded in Workday for open enrollment; however, if this doesn’t happen, these will be finalized before the first pay in January 2023.
2023 Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
The HSA contribution limit will increase to $3,850 for employee only coverage and $7,750 for all other coverages – these limits include both the employee and employer contributions. Employees who are 55 years or older in 2023 may contribute an additional $1,000 annually. Current per pay contribution amounts will rollover to 2023 if no action is taken. However, if you would like to change your per pay contribution for 2023, you will need to log into Workday to make a new election. As a reminder, your HSA contribution may be changed during the year without a specific life event.
2023 Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
To contribute to the Health Care FSA or the Dependent Care FSA for 2023, you must log in to Workday and make an election. Your current 2022 election will not continue in 2023 if you take no action during Open Enrollment. The Health Care FSA limit will increase to $3,050 and Dependent Care FSA limit will remain at $5,000 for 2023.
2023 Life Insurance
NEW! You are now able to designate beneficiaries in Workday. Beneficiaries from the bswift website will be loaded into Workday, but we strongly recommend reviewing them during Open Enrollment for accuracy. Designations can be changed at any time in Workday beginning November 15, 2022.
In Workday, you will see supplemental life insurance rates based upon your current age. If you will move into a new age bracket for 2023, the new rates will be effective January 1, 2023. To determine the cost of additional insurance for you or your spouse, refer to the following chart and use worksheet below.
Step 1: Determine the insurance amount you would like for you or your spouse, from 1 to 5 times your annual salary rounded up to the nearest thousand.
Ex: Your annual salary is $41,200 and you would like to purchase 3 times your annual salary. The insurance amount would be $124,000. ($41,200 x 3 = $123,600 rounded up to $124,000).
Step 2: Determine the life insurance rate for you or your spouse by finding your age in the table above. Use the age you will be on December 31, 2022.
Step 3: Determine your biweekly cost by using the information from Steps 1 and 2 in the calculation below.
If during Open Enrollment you enroll dependent(s) who are not currently on your medical, dental, and/or vision coverage, you must certify the dependent is eligible for coverage by uploading appropriate documentation before you start your enrollment session. Please see the Open Enrollment Job Aid for additional details on how to upload your documentation into Workday. Here are a few tips:
- Scan or take a photo of your documentation
- Save to your computer that you will use to enroll
Child (up to age 26)
- Birth Certificate or Certificate of Live Birth, or
- Copy of 2021 federal tax return that shows dependent status (you may blackout any salary information)
- Copy of 2021 federal tax return that shows marital status (you may blackout any salary information)
- Marriage certificate (only if married within the current tax year)
Members of Laborers’ Local 814 – J.W. Ruby Memorial Hospital
- Effective January 1, 2023, the medical plans for members of the Laborers’ Local 814 will be administered by Peak Health.
- All plan design and rates changes have been made in accordance with your Collective Bargaining Agreement. Please refer to your agreement and the flyer that was mailed to your home address for more information.
- UHA faculty should review the communication that was sent separately to them.
Resources for You
Open Enrollment Webinars
Virtual webinars will be held November 7 through November 18, 2022. Specific information, including links, have been emailed to all employees. You will be able attend any session as these are not specific to any hospital or location. If you are unable to attend an Open Enrollment session, please click on this link to hear a recorded session.
After you click the link, you will be prompted to select your account, then you will have to enter your login credentials. Once you have completed this, you should be able to view and listen to the recorded session.
HROneSource and Workday
Additional information can be found once Open Enrollment begins on November 15, 2022, by logging in to Workday. Navigate to the Menu in the top left corner, then select the Help or Helpful Links App.