The visitation policies adopted by Braxton County Memorial Hospital are intended to provide for the well-being of all patients. Please keep the following in mind:
- Visiting hours are from noon to 8:30 pm. All outside doors are locked and alarmed at 8:30 pm. After this time, visitors should exit through the Emergency Department.
- Visitation after 8:30 pm is limited and must be approved by the charge nurse. A visitor pass will be issued for those family members remaining in the facility.
- It is recommended that there be only two visitors with a patient at a time. The charge nurse may allow additional visitors under special circumstances.
- Visitors under the age of 12 are not permitted in patient care areas.
- Please do not visit if you have a cold, flu, or other contagious disease.
- Visitors are not permitted to sit or sleep on patient or vacant beds.
- Shirt and shoes are required at all times.
- Visitors may not stay overnight, unless it is deemed to be in the patient’s best interest and is approved by the charge nurse.
- Alcoholic beverages are not permitted.
- Visitors exhibiting loud or disorderly behavior will be asked to leave.
- Braxton County Memorial Hospital has a tobacco-free campus. This includes cigarettes and smokeless tobacco, such as snuff and chewing tobacco.
- Notice of Privacy Practices (PDF)
- Voluntary NonOpioid Advanced Directive (PDF)
- View and/or print the Voluntary NonOpioid Advanced Directive
- Center for Organ Recovery and Education (CORE)
- Advance Directive Forms (e.g., Medical Power of Attorney and Living Will)
Since the hospital opened in 1980, the Braxton County Memorial Hospital Auxiliary has been providing much-needed service and monetary support. From May 1, 2017, through April 30, 2018, the Auxiliary provided 2,628 hours of service and $9,685 in monetary donations or purchases for the hospital. The Auxiliary consists of both men and women who are looking to make a difference in the community. The Auxiliary is governed by a committee of officers who follow a set of bylaws.
Many volunteer opportunities are available. In addition to volunteer work, the Auxiliary holds several fundraisers throughout the year, including uniform, book, and jewelry sales.
For more information on becoming a volunteer, please contact the hospital at 304-364-5156.