The Pediatric Unit at Berkeley Medical Center provides compassionate, comprehensive inpatient care to children up to 18 years of age. Our expert team of Pediatric doctors and nurses work together to provide exceptional medical care to your child. The Pediatric Unit accepts transfers from Jefferson Medical Center for a higher level of specialized care.
The providers in the Berkeley Medical Center Pediatric Unit have telemedicine support from the pediatric specialists at WVU Medicine Children’s in Morgantown and an established relationship for transferring children to Morgantown for more specialized care.
Pediatric Unit Features
- Highly skilled PALS (Pediatric advanced life support) trained nursing staff, Pediatric Hospitalist and Nurse practitioners who are passionate about caring for children
- Intermediate level care, allowing patients within certain criteria to be monitored close to home
- State-of-the-art pediatric telemedicine services allowing providers and families to connect with subspecialists in Morgantown
- Child-friendly environment with age appropriate toys and games
- Family-centered care including accommodations that allow parents to stay at their child’s bed side around the clock
- Secure facility with 24/7 safety monitoring to ensure our patients are safe