0As the area’s only hospital based fitness center, we are proud to offer our community a winning combination of personalized attention, the expertise of certified professional staff, state-of-the-art exercise equipment and more!
The Wellness Center is conveniently located with the McCormack Center on Berkeley Medical Center’s campus. Individual and family memberships are available. Stop by for a tour or call 304.264.1232.
The Wellness Center is open:
Monday thru Thursday: 5 a.m. — 10 p.m.
Friday: 5 a.m. — 9 p.m.
Saturday: 7 a.m. — 5 p.m.
Sunday: 9 a.m. — 5 p.m.
What Makes Us So Special?
- An initial fitness assessment (comprised of body fat composition, weight, measurements and blood pressure)
- An individualized exercise and lifestyle prescription
- Two (2) personalized orientation sessions on the Technogym® computerized weight training equipment
- Ongoing individualized program evaluations
- Group exercise classes
- Use of all equipment and exercise areas (including free weights, aquatic exercise classes and therapy pool)
- Sauna facilities
- And more
Childcare is offered at a nominal fee during select hours. Please ask about this service.
- Chronic Disease Self-Management Workshops
- Wellness Nutritional Counseling
- Healthy Weigh of Life Weight Management Program
- S.P.E.E.D Training – (Sport Performance Enhancement and Early athletic Development) a 10 week sport specific training program
- Massage Therapy
- Metabolic Testing
- RMR testing
- Running Clinic and more!