If you are enrolled in a WVU Medicine medical plan, you are eligible to save money in 2019 by participating in the Wellness Rewards program. Program is run annually.
COMPLETE THE WELLNESS PROFILE
- Log onto www.highmarkbcbswv.com and complete the Wellness Profile, powered by WebMD
- Employees and their covered spouses must complete the short online questionnaire between August 1 and September 30 to receive the wellness incentives for the 2019 plan year
Upon completion of all program requirements, you will:
- receive a reduction on your 2019 medical plan deductible of either $500 for single coverage or $1,000 for all other coverage levels
- avoid the tobacco surcharge of $25 if you or your covered spouse is a tobacco user and $50 if both you and your spouse are tobacco users.
If you and your covered spouse attest to being tobacco free by answering the questions related to tobacco use on the Wellness Profile, each of you will avoid the tobacco surcharge for 2019! Completion of the online profile prior to August 1 will not count towards completion for this program.
You can complete your Wellness Profile and receive assistance from a Highmark representative at various Wellness Support Sessions on campus. Click here for the full schedule.
HOW TO AVOID THE TOBACCO SURCHARGE
If either you or your covered spouse indicate on the profile you are a tobacco user, you will have to complete one of the two options below:
- Enroll in a FREE tobacco cessation program offered by Highmark BCBSWV by calling Blues on Call at 1-888-BLUE-428 or
- Visit the member website at www.highmarkbcbswv.com and enroll in the FREE tobacco cessation digital program
By completing the Wellness Profile and enrolling in a tobacco cessation program if you are a tobacco user, you will receive the reduction in you deductible and avoid the 2019 tobacco surcharge of $25 per pay if one person is a tobacco user or $50 per pay if both you and your covered spouse are tobacco users (Annual costs of $650 employee or spouse/$1,300 employee & spouse).
Please note: If you do not complete the Wellness Profile and indicate your tobacco status OR you indicate you are a tobacco user and you do not enroll in a tobacco cessation program between August 1 and September 30, the surcharge will automatically be deducted from your paycheck beginning in January 2019.
Employees covered under a separate collective bargaining agreement are not eligible for this program and will receive information from their manager regarding the Wellness Program.
If you are not currently enrolled in a WVU Medicine medical plan, and enroll during annual open enrollment for coverage effective 1/1/2019, you will have the opportunity to complete Wellness Rewards to earn the incentives. Look for more information during open enrollment.
Employees recently hired please see information below.
If you have any additional questions, please contact the WVU Medicine HR Customer Service Team at 833-599-2100 or submit a HR Service Request online at hr.wvumedicine.org using the link on the Customer Support page.
Instructions for 2018 New Hires
Employees and spouses who enroll in a WVU Medicine medical plan will have the opportunity to participate in the Wellness Rewards Program to receive incentives. This program will provide feedback on aspects of your health where you are already doing well and identify ways to help you improve your health. Wellness Rewards is 100% voluntary.
If you meet all program requirements, you will:
- receive a reduction of either $500 for single coverage or $1,000 for all other coverage levels on your 2018 medical plan deductible
- avoid the tobacco surcharge of:
- $25 per pay check if employee or spouse use tobacco. Annual cost: $650 if employed for the full 26 pay periods in the year.
- $50 per pay check if employee and spouse use tobacco. Annual cost $1,300 if employed for the full 26 pay periods in the year.
You will receive an email after your start date with more information on how to participate in the Wellness Rewards Program. Completion of all steps must be done within 60 days of your Start Date. Before you can complete Wellness Rewards, you must have your Highmark ID card. You will need your member number to register on the Highmark website in order to complete the Wellness Profile. Wellness Profile Instructions
>Important: Covered spouses must register and participate separately.
>Indicate Tobacco Status via the Wellness Profile to Avoid Surcharge.
By answering the questions related to tobacco use:
- If member selects “Never Used” or “Previously Used”, step is complete
- If member selects “Currently Used”, member can enroll in ’How to be Tobacco-free’ program to avoid the surcharge. Participate by calling 1-888-BLUE-428. Call must take place by your deadline.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How does my spouse set up their own account?
Your spouse will go through the same registration process and select that they are registering as a spouse.
If my covered spouse does not complete the Profile but I do, will I still receive the deductible credit?
Yes, however, if he/she does not complete the Profile, the per pay tobacco surcharge will be applied.
Why did I receive a new ID card?
Once you complete Wellness Rewards a new Highmark ID card will be issued because your group number will change.
For further assistance/questions, please contact the WVU HR Service Team at 1-833-599-2100 or Highmark Customer Service at 1-877-770-6991 for technical questions.