Instructions for New Hires
Faculty and spouses who enroll in a WVU Medicine medical plan will have the opportunity to participate in the Wellness Rewards Program to receive incentives. This program will provide feedback on aspects of your health where you are already doing well and identify ways to help you improve your health. Wellness Rewards is 100% voluntary.
If you meet all program requirements, you will:
- receive a reduction of either $500 for single coverage or $1,000 for all other coverage levels on your 2018 medical plan deductible
- avoid the tobacco surcharge of:
- $25 per pay check if employee or spouse use tobacco. Annual cost: $650 if employed for the full 26 pay periods in the year.
- $50 per pay check if employee and spouse use tobacco. Annual cost $1,300 if employed for the full 26 pay periods in the year.
You will receive an email after your start date with more information on how to participate in the Wellness Rewards Program.
Before you can complete Wellness Rewards, you must have a Highmark ID card. You will need your member number to register on the Highmark website in order to complete the Wellness Profile.
>Important: Covered spouses must register and participate separately.
>Indicate Tobacco Status via the Wellness Profile to Avoid Surcharge.
By answering the questions related to tobacco use:
- If member selects “Never Used” or “Previously Used”, step is complete
- If member selects “Currently Used”, member can enroll in ’How to be Tobacco-free’ program to avoid the surcharge. Participate by calling 1-888-BLUE-428. Call must take place by your deadline.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How does my spouse set up their own account?
Your spouse will go through the same registration process and select that they are registering as a spouse.
If my covered spouse does not complete the Profile but I do, will I still receive the deductible credit?
Yes, however, if he/she does not complete the Profile, the per pay tobacco surcharge will be applied.
For further assistance/questions, please contact the WVU HR Service Team at 1-833-599-2100 or Highmark Customer Service at 1-877-770-6991 for technical questions.