WVU Medicine has implemented a new Electronic Health Record (EHR) throughout St. Joseph’s clinics and hospital effective October 01, 2017. As a part of that change you will receive a new consolidated statement which covers your care at St. Joseph’s Hospital of Buckhannon as well as hospital services received at other WVU Medicine hospitals including WVU Hospitals, Camden Clark Medical Center, United Hospital Center, and Potomac Valley Hospital.
Please keep in mind how these changes may impact our billing process:
- If you have an open balance for hospital services received prior to October 01, 2017, you will continue to receive a separate bill for those services for as long as that balance is open.
- Balances for services performed on or after October 01, 2017, will appear on a new consolidated WVU Medicine Hospital Services statement.
The new single statement is designed to make your billing process more consistent and easier for you to understand. You will be able to make a payment through our patient portal, MyWVUChart, or pay for all of your hospital balances at once with a single payment.
We understand healthcare billing can be confusing and we are here to help.
Should you have questions concerning our new process, please call our Customer Service Representatives at (304)473-6811 between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Please note that the change indicated above is for hospital services only. Billing for unrelated physician and other professional services will continue to be handled separately from the hospital bills.
Pay your bill online
For your convenience, online payment options are available. The options available differ based on whether your balance is on our old St. Joseph’s Hospital statement, or on our new, consolidated WVU Medicine statement. Please see the options below based on the logo on the top of your statement.
If your logo looks like:
You can pay here
or call 888-346-4731
If the logo looks like:
Please use the following payment options:
- View your billing information
- View your current and past statements
- View your visit and payment history
- Sign up for paperless billing
- Pay your bill securely online
If you do not have a MyWVUChart account:
- You can set one up now using the activation code listed on your statement.
- If you do not have an activation code, you call 855-778-2922 to get one now.
- You can also request an account online here
Visit MyWVUChart now to pay your bill securely now!
If you do not have a MyWVUChart account, you can still pay your WVU Medicine Hospital Services bill online now through our quick pay option