WVU International Travel Health Clinic
Travel to new and exotic locations is on many people’s “to-do” lists. Advance preparation can ensure that your trip is a healthy, enjoyable experience. In addition to acquiring a passport, packing properly, and learning about the destination, it’s a good idea to make arrangements to safeguard your health.
Travel health, or emporiatrics, is a branch of medicine that aims to prepare travelers for contact with foreign diseases. The WVU International Travel Health Clinic provides an in-depth assessment of any itinerary with specific recommendations and on-site vaccinations. It is the only designated yellow fever vaccination site in North Central West Virginia.
Services offered by the WVU International Travel Health Clinic:
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- Twinrix (Hepatitis A & B combination)
- Immune Globulin
- Japanese Encephalitis (Special Order)
- Meningococcal Meningitis
- Measles-Mumps-Rubella (MMR)
- Polio-inactivated (IPV)
- Rabies Vaccine (Special Order)
- Tetanus-diphtheria (Td)
- Yellow Fever
- Varivax (Chicken Pox)
- Malaria Prevention Regimens
- Finding a physician abroad
- Jetlag reduction
- Sun precautions
- Motion sickness prevention
- Altitude sickness prevention
- Crime prevention
- Safety issues/Travel advisories
- Cultural information
- Climate information
- Traveler’s Diarrhea Protocols
Please bring the following to your appointment:
- Travel dates, itinerary, and type of accommodations.
- Past immunization records: information including tetanus, Hepatitis B, past travel immunizations and an international certificate of vaccination if you have one.
- List of allergies and any medications you are currently taking.
- Recommendations, if any, from travel agent or organization.
- Knowledge of any future international travel plans.
- Visits start at $75 plus the costs of exam and vaccinations.
- Discounts available for WVU Study Abroad students
- Payment required at time of service by cash, check, credit card or debit card.
- We do not bill private insurance. We are not a Medicare provider.