Skip to content
Answers to Frequent Questions
Do I Qualify To Stay at Family House?
- Patient must be 18 years of age or older to qualify.
- Guests must live 50 miles or more from Morgantown.
- One room per family and no more than three people in a room.
- The charge is $20 per night per room.
- Families must be referred by a Physician Office center, Hospital, Eye Institute, Heart Institute or Cancer Center employee.
- Once a referral is accepted, the name is placed on a waiting list.
- We do not know when a room will be available.
- Guests may stay as long as a patient is being treated at WVU Hospitals or the MBRCC.
- We cannot accommodate families once a patient is discharged to another facility.
- We do not take reservations.
Wait List Process
- As rooms become available, priority is given to families who are on the waiting list the longest.
- Check with Family House daily before noon to remain on the waiting list, or your name is removed.
- We can assist you in finding a local hotel.
- Hotel discount rates range from $49.99 – $115 plus tax.
- To qualify for the discount, you must get a referral form from the Family House front desk.
- Discount rates and rooms are subject to availability.
- You are responsible for payment of your hotel room bill.