We want you to be fully involved in your health care. As your patient-centered medical home, we will bring you, your family if desired, and your healthcare team together to make the best choices about your health. We’re here to give you the information and support you need to make decisions about your health while always respecting your preferences and values.
Each patient will select a primary care provider who will lead his/her medical team to ensure our patients have the highest quality care. To better coordinate care, we will keep track of our patients’ visits to other healthcare providers within WVU Medicine. This includes specialist appointments, emergency room and urgent care visits, and in-hospital visits.
Your Healthcare Team:
The highly trained professionals at the Sleeth Family Medicine Center work together as a team to provide comprehensive, coordinated care.
Our team includes:
- Board-certified Family Medicine physicians
- Family Medicine resident physicians
- Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners
- Nurse Case Managers
- Dietitian/Certified Diabetes Educator
- Registered Nurses, Licensed Practical Nurses and Medical Assistants
- Pharmacist, Social Worker, and other support staff
The Sleeth Family Medicine Center is one of the largest, most modern primary care facilities in the region. It includes:
- 35 exam rooms, equipped with special facilities for patients with limited mobility or other needs
- space for patient education
- a state-of-the-art electronic classroom for medical students and others
- procedure rooms
- a lab facility
- an x-ray suite
Electronic Medical Record
Your electronic health record is shared with all your providers within WVU Medicine, whether you are seen in the hospital, Emergency Department, WVU Urgent Care or outpatient clinics. This shared health record helps us coordinate your care. WVU Medicine can also provide electronic access to your health information (when you give us permission) to providers at other locations.
Your electronic medical record is available to you via MyWVUChart. This record allows you to communicate safely and securely with your healthcare provider, request refills on your prescriptions, and keep track of your appointments. MyWVUChart is available on any computer with internet access or on mobile devices via our special app. All our patients are encouraged to enroll at mywvuchart.com.