If you have an open sore, incision, or wound that won’t heal, WVU Medicine’s Comprehensive Wound Center can help. Our multidisciplinary wound care team offers a comprehensive approach to healing wounds that have resisted other treatments. Our staff includes specially trained physicians, nurses, and physical therapists trained as wound care clinicians; a certified ostomy and continence nurse; a respiratory therapist ; and a certified lymphedema therapist.
Wounds that don’t heal can result from:
- Pressure Sores
- Venous stasis ulcers
- Post trauma injuries
- Non-healing wounds
- Surgical incisions
- Vascular disease
- Circulation problems
An open wound can be a severe health risk, leading to life-threatening infection. If you suffer from a chronic or non-healing wound, we will work with you and your doctor to find the right treatment regimen for you. We offer:
- Advanced therapies
- Proven clinical protocols
- An individualized plan for the most effective treatments for your needs
- Assessment and ongoing care by our skilled team of wound care specialists
- Knowledge that will enable you to take care of the wound at home
- Located at Cheat Lake Physicians, the Comprehensive Wound Center is a clinic providing you with the most comprehensive and up-to-date care for wound healing.
Physician or self referrals accepted. Call 304-594-2480 for an appointment.