Childbirth Preparation Class Series
WVU Medicine’s Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology in Morgantown is offering a variety of classes for expectant mothers and families. We look forward to helping you prepare for this exciting change in your life!
The Childbirth Preparation Class Series prepares parents for childbirth, breastfeeding, and parenting. The classes are designed to make patients aware of their healthcare options and to encourage involvement in their own healthcare.
- Childbirth Traditional Class
- Childbirth Quick Class
- Childbirth Refresher Class
These classes will cover some of the following topics:
- The process of birth
- Medical options
- Coping skills for labor
- Cesarean birth
- Complications in pregnancy and labor
- Communicating with healthcare providers
- Newborn characteristics and care
- Breastfeeding information
- Parenting skills
Please notify us if there is a change in your due date or if you need help scheduling a class. Every effort will be made to place you in the class session of your choice.
You should register for classes during your second trimester of pregnancy. Class space is limited. To reserve a class space, you can register online, by mail, or by phone.
- Click to register online.
- For more information call: 304-293-5631
Check or Money order only.
Payment by check:
- Please make checks payable to: UHA.
- Please bring payment with you to the first class.