The Specialized Residential Treatment Unit provides extended inpatient treatment for individuals who have exhibited acts of sexual perpetration. Males who have predatory issues along with emotional and behavioral problems and have not been successful in lesser restrictive environments are candidates for this unit. The Specialized Residential Treatment Unit offers a comprehensive treatment and rehabilitation program within a structured therapeutic environment. The average length of stay for successful completion of the program is 9-12 months.
- Adolescent males between the ages of 13 and 17 (the youth may remain in treatment until the age of 21)
- Must have a current psychological evaluation (within the past year)
- Must have a primary psychiatric diagnosis
- Must be moderate to high risk to sexually offend
- Intellectual functioning above an IQ of 70 (65-70 IQ will be considered)
- Adjudication is preferred but not required
- Must not have benefited fully from a less restrictive treatment program
Please make referral in APR then fax the referral information to 304-598-6307. For more information call 304-598-6364.
Referral information should include:
- A psychological evaluation completed within the last year
- A detailed history of drug abuse or sexual offenses, criminal behaviors, family, and school information
Upon receipt of the referral a date and time will be arranged to meet with the client for a face-to-face interview.
An MCM1 must be completed and sent to WVMI for approval.