Be an active member of your healthcare team!
Use this handy checklist:
- Make a list of your health questions to share with your medical team.
- Bring a list of other healthcare providers you have seen recently (specialists, hospitals, emergency rooms, or urgent care) and the reasons you visited them.
- Bring all of your medications, in their original containers, to your appointment. Be sure to include prescription, eye drops, inhalers, over-the-counter medications, natural and herbal medicines, vitamins, and supplements.
- Bring your insurance card or other insurance information.
During your visit:
- Talk with your team about what health issues to work on first.
- Repeat back the items you have discussed with your team to be sure the information is clear.
- Be sure you know what you should do after you leave the office.
- Contact your primary care provider’s office if you do not receive your test results within two weeks.