WVUH offers a Pre-tax 403(b) and an After-tax 403(b) Roth Retirement Plan.
TIAA is our retirement vendor
- You can contribute up to IRS MAC* annually on a pre-tax basis. Pre-tax contribution are not subject to federal income tax (but is subject to Social Security taxes) and results in a deduction from your taxable income for that plan year.
- If you are age 50 or over, you can contribute an additional IRS CUC* per year.
- After you have completed 24 months of benefit eligible service, you will be eligible for employer matching contributions. WVUH will match your contribution dollar for dollar, up to a maximum of 5% of your base pay, per pay period.
- You are immediately vested in any of your contributions or any contributions the employer matches.
- Retirement is the only benefit that you can start, stop, or change at any time during the year.
Total contributions between the 403(b) Retirement Plan and the 403(b) Roth Retirement Plan cannot exceed the MAC or CUC shown listed below.
- MAC for 2017 is $18,000
- CUC for 2017 is $6,000
The earlier you start in life, your retirement plan can earn more with less contribution…
This hypothetical example is based on monthly contributions of $416.66 for Steve and Maria, made at the beginning of the month to a tax-deferred workplace savings plan and a 7% annual rate of return compounded monthly. Your own plan account may earn more or less than this example, and income taxes will be due when you withdraw from your account. Investing in this manner does not ensure a profit or guarantee against loss in declining markets. 582769.2.1
** For detailed information regarding your benefit coverage, please visit the HR website on CONNECT.