Third-Party Administrator: Unum
Corporate paid benefit – No cost to you
- Employees with a claim must call 1-866-245-2579 after being off for 32 work hours
- Call and file a claim, in advance, for events that are pre-planned (i.e. surgery, pregnancy, etc.)
- Nonexempt employees, the first 32 hours off will be taken as Paid-Days Off (PDO). The 33rd hour off will be start short-term disability.
- The 32-hour PDO elimination period will be waived if the absence is due to an inpatient admission or for a procedure that requires moderate sedation.
- Eligible after 90 days of benefit eligible service
- When medically supported, short-term disability pays 66 2/3 of your base salary while off work for a non-work related illness or disability.
Coverage depends upon your length of service. The maximum number of consecutive weeks for which an employee may receive payment is according to the schedule below:
|Length of Service||Maximum Benefit|
|90 days and less than 2 years||4 weeks|
|2 years and less than 3 years||8 weeks|
|3 years and less than 4 years||12 weeks|
|4 years and less than 5 years||16 weeks|
|5 years and less than 6 years||20 weeks|
|6 or more years||26 weeks|
Maximum benefit is calculated from the date of disability.
** For Union specific information, please refer to the HR site on CONNECT.
** For detailed information regarding your benefit coverage, please visit the HR website on CONNECT.