Basic Life Insurance
- Corporate paid benefit – No cost to you
- Beneficiary receives two times your annual base salary (or $10,000, whichever is greater) in the event of your death.
Supplemental Life Insurance
- You can elect up to the lesser of five times your annual base salary $1,500,000 (when combined with the basic life insurance).
- Supplemental life insurance at UHA is a voluntary benefit. You pay 100% of the premium.
- Premiums are based on age, amount elected, and tobacco use
- If you do not elect this benefit now or if you increase your level of coverage in the future, then you must go through an underwriting process, which requires disclosure of medical history.
Dependent Life Insurance
- Life insurance coverage for spouse and eligible dependent children to age 26.
- Premiums for spousal coverage are based on age, amount elected, and tobacco use.
- If you elect more than $20,000 now or any amount in the future, then your dependent spouse must go through an underwriting process, which requires disclosure of medical history.
|Increment of Coverage||Maximum benefit|
|Child $2,000||The lesser of 50% of your life insurance amount or $10,000|
|Spouse $5,000||The lesser of 50% of your life insurance amount or $250,000|
Universal Life Insurance
Carrier: Colonial Life Insurance
- Voluntary universal life insurance available for you, your spouse, and your children
- Coverage would be in addition to basic life insurance
- Contact the Colonial representative for questions and enrollment
For detailed information regarding your benefit coverage, please visit the HR website on connect.