JOB TITLE: LICENSED PTA
DEPARTMENT: PHYSICAL THERAPY
DESCRIPTION: MON. – FRI. DAY SHIFT (occasional evenings & weekend rotations)
JOB SUMMARY: The Licensed Physical Therapist Assistant, under the supervision of a Physical Therapist, treats disabilities, injuries and diseases through the use of massage, exercise and effective properties of water, heat, light rays, and electricity, according to the prescription of a physician.
- Responsible to: Director of Rehabilitation Services and treating Physical Therapist.
- Workers supervised: Rehabilitation Aides, Volunteers, and Student Nurses.
- Interrelationships: Works closely with Physicians, Rehabilitation Aides, other Licensed Physical Therapists Assistants, and Physical Therapist.
- Education: Must hold active license for this state or a permit from licensing board while awaiting licensure examination.
- Training & Experience: Must have completed training in accordance with minimum requirements for Licensed Physical Therapist Assistant schools as prescribed by the American Physical Therapy Association.
- Job Knowledge: Must be aware of the relative value and limitations of multiple pieces of equipment and skilled in the use of a broad range of modalities with a clear understanding of indications and/or contraindications of them. He/she must be able to apply knowledge of anatomy, physiology, and physical sciences to specialized techniques in treatment of patients and know how to position patients with various conditions for different types of treatment. Demonstrates competency as appropriate in patient care assessment for each patient population area served: Neonatal, Pediatric, Adolescent, Adult, and Geriatric.
- Knowledge of growth and development
- Understanding of the patient’s needs and scope of treatment.