Step Down Unit RN
JOB SUMMARY: The SDU Registered Nurse is a member of the nursing team who is qualified by knowledge and training to carry out procedures in a safe and efficient manner. The SDU Registered Nurse may function in direct patient care or in leadership of a patient care group.
- Responsible to: Department Head and/or Supervisor.
- Workers supervised: Registered Nurses, Licensed Practical Nurses, and Nursing Assistants.
- Interrelationships: Maintains an effective professional relationship with patients, families, co-workers and Medical Staff.
- Education: Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing. Currently registered by the West Virginia Board of Examiners for Registered Nurses.
- Training & Experience: Completion of Coronary Care Class. Advanced Cardiac Life Support certification within one (1) year of employment. Maintains current CPR card.
- Job Knowledge: Demonstrates competency as appropriate in patient care assessment for each patient population area served: Pediatric, Adolescent, Adult, and Geriatric.
- Knowledge of growth and development
- Understanding of the patient’s needs and scope of treatment.
- Understanding of the dynamics for each patient incorporating biophysical, bio-psychosocial, environmental, self-care, educational, spiritual, cultural, ethical, and discharge planning needs.
- Knowledge of pain management to facilitate patient comfort through a proactive pain control plan.
- Knowledge of the total care of patients, whose disease is not responsive to curative treatment, focusing on the control of pain and other symptoms.