Skilled Nursing Unit RN (Full-time)
0.9 FTE; Days/shifts vary
JOB SUMMARY: The Registered Nurse is a member of the nursing team who is qualified by knowledge and training to carry out procedures in a safe and efficient manner. The Registered Nurse may function in direct patient care or in leadership of a patient care group.
- Responsible to: Department Nurse Manager and/or Supervisor
- Workers supervised:
- Interrelationships: Maintains an effective professional relationship with patients, families, co-workers, and medical staff.
- Education: Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing; currently registered by the West Virginia Board of Examiners for Registered Nurses.
- Training & Experience:
- Job Knowledge: Demonstrates competency as appropriate in patient care assessment for each patient population area served: Adult, and Geriatric.
- Knowledge of growth and development
- Understanding of the patient’s needs and scope of treatment.
- Understanding of the dynamics for each patient incorporating biophysical, bio-psychosocial, environmental, self-care, educational, spiritual, cultural, ethical, and discharge planning needs.
- Knowledge of pain management to facilitate patient comfort through a proactive pain control plan.
- Knowledge of the total care of patients, whose disease is not responsive to curative treatment, focusing on the control of pain and other symptoms.