JOB SUMMARY: The Skilled Nursing Unit Nursing Assistant II is a non-professional nursing employee who assists other members of the Healthcare team in providing quality resident care as directed by and under the supervision of the professional nurse. The SNU Nursing Assistant by experience and continuing education is qualified for increased participation in resident care.
- Responsible to: The professional nurse on duty.
- Workers supervised:
- Interrelationships: Maintains open communication with the charge nurse who designates assignments.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Training & Experience: CNA certification required. Previous experience preferred. Maintains current CPR card.
- Job Knowledge: Demonstrates competency as appropriate in resident care assessment for each resident population area served: Adult, and Geriatric.
- Knowledge of growth and development
- Understanding of the resident’s needs and scope of treatment.
- Understanding of the dynamics for each resident incorporating biophysical, bio-psychosocial, environmental, self-care, educational, spiritual, cultural, ethical, and discharge planning needs.
- Knowledge of pain management to facilitate resident comfort through a proactive pain control plan.
- Knowledge of the total care of residents, whose disease is not responsive to curative treatment, focusing on the control of pain and other symptoms.