JOB SUMMARY: The Physician Office Medical Assistant is a member of the physician office team who is qualified by knowledge and training to carry out clinical duties under the direction of a Physician and provide safe care to the patient.
- Responsible to: Physician and Physician Practice Manager.
- Workers supervised: None.
- Interrelationships: Works closely with physicians, patients, other employees and the general public.
- Education: Medical Assistant Certification (CMA) is desired.
- Training or experience: Previous experience in a physician office setting is preferred.
- Job knowledge: Must have knowledge of and use of computers, specifically for office clinical testing, patient result reporting and review of patient information. Working knowledge of vital sign measurement, injection administration and body fluid specimen lab preparation.