Patient Registration Clerk
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
SCHEDULE: Days & Shifts Vary
POSTING DATE: 08/31/2017
JOB SUMMARY: Registration of patients being treated in Emergency Room, diagnostic outpatient tests, outpatient surgery, clinical/therapeutic treatments, or admission to the Hospital by order of a physician. The Registration Center Clerk must perform various clerical duties utilizing knowledge of office systems and procedures, hospital regulations and interdepartmental functions, including switchboard and reservation clerk rotation.
- Responsible to: Patient Registration Manager.
- Workers supervised: None.
- Interrelationships: Must use tact and diplomacy in representing the Hospital to the public, as well as maintaining good relations with all Registration Center personnel and other hospital departments.
- Education: High school education preferred.
- Training & Experience: Ability to perform routine clerical and typing work with accuracy, some knowledge of medical terminology and computer training helpful.
- Job Knowledge: Will receive appropriate on-the-job training.