Nurse Supervisor (Full-time)
JOB SUMMARY: A professional registered nurse who supervises and coordinates the patient care and other related activities for Nursing Service. Additionally serves as a resource person for ancillary departments when required. Responsible for the coordination of all Nursing Service activities in the absence of the Chief Nursing Officer, Associate Director of Nursing, and/or appropriate Department Managers.
- Responsible to: Chief Nursing Officer
- Workers supervised: RNs, LPNs, Nursing Assistants
- Interrelationships: Maintains an effective professional relationship with patients, families, co-workers, and medical staff.
- Education: Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing. Currently registered by the West Virginia Board of Examiners for Registered Nurses. Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing and/or certification preferred.
- Training & Experience: Three (3) years’ experience as a Registered Nurse, Management experience preferred. Maintains current CPR, ACLS, and PALS certification. Neonatal Resuscitation preferred.
- Job Knowledge: Demonstrates competency as appropriate in patient care assessment for each patient population area served: Neonatal, Pediatric, Adolescent, Adult, and Geriatric.
- Knowledge of growth and development
- Understanding of the patient’s needs and scope of treatment.
- Understanding of the dynamics for each patient incorporating biophysical, bio-psychosocial, environmental, self-care, educational, spiritual, cultural, ethical, and discharge planning needs.
- Knowledge of pain management to facilitate patient comfort through a proactive pain control plan.
- Knowledge of the total care of patients, whose disease is not responsive to curative treatment, focusing on the control of pain and other symptoms.