Immediate opening for a full-time RN on our Med/Surg Unit. Excellent salary and benefits package, including health and life insurance, dental and vision coverage, disability, pension, 403b retirement, and more!
JOB SUMMARY: The Medical Surgical Registered Nurse is a member of the nursing team who is qualified by knowledge and training to carry out procedures in a safe and efficient manner. The Registered Nurse may function in direct patient care or in leadership of a patient care group.
- Responsible to: and supervised by the Department Head and/or Supervisor. Maintains an effective professional relationship with patients, families, co-workers, nd medical staff.
- Workers supervised: Registered nurses, licensed practical nurses, and nursing assistants
- Interrelationships: Patients, families, public, physicians, hospital personnel, and ancillary departments
- Education: Graduate of an approved School of Registered Nursing. Currently registered by the West Virginia Board of Examiners for Registered Nurses.
- Training & Experience: Graduate of an approved School of Registered Nursing. Maintains current CPR card.
- Job Knowledge: Demonstrates competency as appropriate in patient care assessment for each patient population area served: Pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric
- Knowledge of growth and development
- Understanding of the patient’s needs and scope of treatment
- Understanding of the dynamics for each patient incorporating biophysical, bio-psychosocial, environmental, self-care, educational, spiritual, cultural, ethical, and discharge planning needs
- Knowledge of pain management to facilitate patient comfort through a proactive pain control plan
- Knowledge of the total care of patients, whose disease is not responsive to curative treatment, focusing on the control of pain and other symptoms
Qualified candidates may apply online, in person, or via fax to 304-843-3380.