MEDICARE BILLER (FULL-TIME)
JOB SUMMARY: The Medicare Billing Clerk is responsible for careful preparation of insurance forms and billing of appropriate Medicare and Medicare HMO companies according to set guidelines.
- Responsible to: Patient Accounts Manager.
- Workers supervised:
- Interrelationships: Works closely with Insurance Agencies and with Business Office personnel.
- Education: High school education or equivalent is preferred.
- Training & Experience: 3-5 years Medicare billing experience in a hospital setting and familiarity with U804 claim form (electronic and paper). Personal computer skills and knowledge of electronic billing software a must.
- Job Knowledge: Understanding of traditional Medicare guidelines along with familiarity of Medicare Managed care programs.