Immediate opening for a flex staff or contract Home Health Social Worker.
JOB SUMMARY: The Social Worker shall provide social services to individuals and/or families as requested or referred by the physician, hospital personnel, community agencies, or through case finding efforts.
- Responsible to: Director of Home Health
- Workers supervised:
- Interrelationships: Various hospital departments, patients and families, private, and public agencies
- Education: Master’s Degree from an accredited school of Social Work or Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited school of Social Work with one (1) year experience preferred, or Bachelor’s Degree in the behavioral sciences with a Social Service residency and one (1) year of experience in a hospital Social Service department or in a Social Service Agency is required.
- Training and Experience: Must be licensed as a Social Worker in the state of West Virginia
- Job Knowledge: Demonstrates competency as appropriate in patient care assessment for each patient population area served: neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric.
- Knowledge of growth and development
- Understanding of the patient’s needs and scope of treatment
- Understanding of the dynamics for each patient incorporating biophysical, bio-psychosocial, environmental, self-care, educational, spiritual, cultural, ethical, and discharge planning needs
- Knowledge of pain management to facilitate patient comfort through a proactive pain control plan
- Knowledge of the total care of patients, whose disease is not responsive to curative treatment, focusing on the control of pain and other symptoms