JOB SUMMARY: A Registered Staff Nurse is a professional member of the Home Care Department who provides skilled, intermittent nursing care to patients in their home environment. Must maintain reliable and insured transportation, have valid driver’s license. Must be an insured driver and possess safe, effective driving skills.
- Responsible to: Home Care Director.
- Workers supervised: Home Health Aides, Homemakers.
- Interrelationships: Must be able to work well with Home Care staff, physicians, and be an advocate in the care of home health patients.
- Education: Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing. Current license to practice nursing in West Virginia and Ohio.
- Training & Experience: Must have at least two (2) years’ experience as a staff nurse in an acute care facility. Strong clinical skills, including the ability to function as both a specialist and a generalist nurse. Previous Home Health experience required providing a knowledge of Medicare Conditions of Participation, including coverage and documentation requirements. Must possess self-direction and the ability to function autonomously in a non-structured atmosphere.
- Job Knowledge: Knowledge of case management skills and models. Demonstrates competency as appropriate in patient care assessment for each patient population area served: Neonatal, Pediatric, Adolescent, Adult, and Geriatric.
- Knowledge of growth and development
- Understanding of the patient’s needs and scope of treatment.
- Understanding of the dynamics for each patient incorporating biophysical, bio-psychosocial, environmental, self-care, educational, spiritual, cultural, ethical, and discharge planning needs.
- Knowledge of pain management to facilitate patient comfort through a proactive pain control plan.
- Knowledge of the total care of patients, whose disease is not responsive to curative treatment, focusing on the control of pain and other symptoms.