Immediate opening for a contract staff Home Health Occupational Therapist.
JOB SUMMARY: The Occupational Therapist is responsible for evaluation, treatment, and aid in diagnosis of problems involving functional performance in persons impaired by physical illness or injury, emotional disorder, congenital, or developmental disability or the aging process in order to achieve optimum functioning and/or for prevention and health maintenance. He/she will actively participate in the procedures necessary in the treatment or disabilities, injuries, and/or diseases through the use of the therapeutic process to individuals or groups through medical, health, educational, and social systems.
- Responsible to: Director of Home Health
- Education: Must be a graduate of an AOTA-accredited school of Occupational Therapy. Must hold an active Occupational Therapy license to practice Occupational Therapy in West Virginia.
- Training and Experience: Must have completed training in accordance with minimum requirements for occupational therapy schools as prescribed by the American Occupational Therapy Association.
- Job Knowledge: Demonstrates competency as appropriate in patient care assessment for each patient population area served: Neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric
- Knowledge of growth and development
- Understanding of the patient’s needs and scope of treatment
- Understanding of the dynamics for each patient incorporating biophysical, bio-psychosocial, environmental, self-care, educational, spiritual, cultural, ethical, and discharge planning needs
- Knowledge of pain management to facilitate patient comfort through a proactive pain control plan
- Knowledge of the total care of patients, whose disease is not responsive to curative treatment, focusing on the control of pain and other symptoms