|BiWeekly Work Hours||80|
|Address||800 Wheeling Avenue|
JOB SUMMARY: The Orderly is a non-professional nursing employee who assists other members of the healthcare team in providing quality care as directed by, and under the supervision of, the professional nurse. The Nursing Assistant, by experience and continuing education, is qualified for increased participation in patient care.
- Responsible to: The professional nurse on duty.
- Workers supervised:
- Interrelationships: Maintains open communication with the E.D. Manager, Charge Nurse, or Nursing Supervisor, who designates assignments.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Training & Experience: CNA certification required.
- Job Knowledge: Demonstrates competency as appropriate in patient care assessment for each patient population area served: Neonatal, Pediatric, Adolescent, Adult, and Geriatric.
- Knowledge of growth and development
- Understanding of the patient’s needs and scope of treatment.
- Understanding of the dynamics for each patient incorporating biophysical, bio-psychosocial, environmental, self-care, educational, spiritual, cultural, ethical, and discharge planning needs.
- Knowledge of pain management to facilitate patient comfort through a proactive pain control plan.
Knowledge of the total care of patients, whose disease is not responsive to curative treatment, focusing on the control of pain and other symptoms.