Join WVU Medicine’s Diabetes Education Center and Wellness Center in March to celebrate National Nutrition Month! This March, the Diabetes Education Center will offer the Nutrition Made Simple program to promote healthy eating. This program includes three classes that focus on nutrition to prevent diabetes, meal planning for individuals and families, and making healthy choices at the grocery store.
Nutrition to Prevent Diabetes (March 13) 4:30 – 5:30 pm; John Jones Conference Room C (Ground Floor of Health Sciences Building)
- Nutrition tips to help lower risk for developing chronic diseases, such as diabetes.
- Receive recipes and example meal plans!
Meal Planning Workshop (March 20) 4:30 – 5:30 pm; John Jones Conference Room C
- Meal planning for busy families & for one or two people.
- Receive some great sample recipes!
Grocery Store Tour (March 27) 4:30 – 5:30 pm; John Jones Conference Room C
- Identifying foods to choose and avoid at the grocery store.
- Learn about how to read nutrition fact labels.
The cost is only 3 Wellness Points per class for employees; $3.00 per class for spouses.
Employees that attend all Nutrition Made Simple classes will be entered into a grand prize drawing!
To register, please contact the Wellness Center. Space is limited so reserve your spot today!