The Center for Mitral Valve Disease is a dedicated multidisciplinary team of specialized cardiac surgeons, cardiologists, anesthesiologists and nurses focused on providing patients and their physicians with access to the most advanced mitral valve therapy available.
Our goal is to provide advanced, minimally invasive therapies; to provide early access to the very latest technologies as they become available; and to return patients to the comfort of their home as quickly as possible.
Our team of experts in cardiac imaging, intervention, and surgery offers comprehensive advanced diagnosis and treatment options including:
- 3D echo/MRI/CT imaging
- catheter-based intervention
- Complex mitral surgery, including state-of-the-art minimally invasive non-sternotomy approaches, such as
- mitral valve regurgitation and mitral valve replacement
- minimally invasive robotic mitral valve surgery
Center for Thoracic Aortic Disease
The WVU Heart and Vascular Institute’s Center for Thoracic Aortic Disease (CTAD) provides timely, comprehensive, and individualized disease management strategies for patients suffering from complex thoracic aortic diseases.
Using a seamless and multidisciplinary system for delivering care, the CTAD brings together experts with defined clinical and academic focuses on thoracic aortic diseases, including:
- Aortic coarctation (narrowing)
- Aortic dissection
- Bicuspid aortic valve
- Brachiocephalic arterial insufficiency
- Degenerative aneurysms
- Dysphagia lusoria
- Familial thoracic aneurysms
- Marfan syndrome
- Traumatic aortic injuries
- Vascular rings