Pediatric neurosurgery at WVU Medicine Children’s provides state-of-the-art care for infants, children, and adolescents with problems of the brain and spine. As a major pediatric healthcare center, we offer the latest techniques, therapies, and clinical trials.
Conditions we treat include:
- pediatric brain tumors
- spinal tumors
- spasticity of spinal or brain origin
- congenital defects of the brain, skull, or spine
- pediatric spinal column instability
Children in need of neurosurgery are treated by a team of multidisciplinary specialists, including a pediatric neurosurgeon with advanced subspecialty training, with access to the latest technology.
The hallmarks of the WVU Pediatric Neurosurgery Program are:
- a strong commitment to achieving the best possible outcome and excellent cosmetic results with the least possible physical and emotional trauma to the child and family
- the use of minimally invasive techniques whenever possible
- continuity of care throughout the child’s growing years
- family participation and support throughout the process
- state-of-the-art technology