2018 WVU Medicine Employee Benefits Information Now Available
WVU Medicine is introducing a competitive 2018 benefit program that provides flexibility and financial security, while supporting your health and wellbeing across health, dental and vision plans, life and accidental death and dismemberment coverage, and the Live Balanced employee assistance program.
These changes apply across all hospitals and facilities, so please take time to review the resources on this site in preparation for 2018 Open Enrollment from Wednesday, Nov. 1 to Wednesday, Nov. 15, 2017.
Take these actions to make sure you are well-informed about 2018 Open Enrollment options:
- Read the Open Enrollment Guide
- Review the Open Enrollment FAQs
- Attend an onsite Educational Forum
- Attend an onsite Benefits Fair
- Use the ALEX cost-calculator to help determine the best plan for you
Ask your local HR representative or call 1-833-599-2100 if you have additional questions.
2018 Open Enrollment Period: November 1 – November 15
WVU Medicine Wellness Rewards Program – Deadline for Completion is Tuesday, Oct. 31
The Wellness Reward Program rewards employees and spouses for taking steps to improve their overall health and wellness. It has two main components:
- a Wellness Incentive that can reduce employees’ 2018 health plan deductible by $500 for single coverage, $1,000 for all other coverage levels
- a Tobacco Premium Surcharge of $25 per pay check if employees or their spouse use tobacco ($50 per pay check if both employee and spouse use tobacco). The annual cost of the surcharge will be $650 for employee or spouse only/$1,300 for employee + spouse. Important: Tobacco users can avoid the tobacco surcharge by signing up for Highmark’s tobacco cessation program.
Live resources to help
If you need help after reviewing the by-hospital instructions and the FAQs, consider the following resources designed to provide live support:
- Wellness Profile Support Sessions Schedule
- Wellness Rewards Live Webinar Sessions Schedule
- Local HR Resources